Health Care Town Hall Forum
Even though there has been significant media coverage about the Affordable Care Act and associated health insurance plans, many citizens are still left confused and concerned about the state of health care in our county. In response to the need for answers, Rep. Capirglione's office has organized a Health Care Town Hall in conjunction with Keller Business Connections, scheduled for April 24 at 6:30 pm at Keller Middle School (300 College Ave, Keller, TX 76248). The meeting will feature U.S. Congressman Michael Burgess, MD; Executive Commissioner of Texas Health and Human Services, Dr. Kyle Janek; Texas Medical Association President Dr. Stephen Brotherton and Dr. Brent Cornelius, DDS.
The event will be beneficial and informative for medical professionals, small business owners and anyone else with an interest in the current health care situation.
This forum is open to the public and will cover a variety of topics including:
- Initiatives to reduce Medicaid fraud/waste
- The current status of all mandates and a timeline of mandate implementation in future
- A summary of what businesses and individuals will be facing when the mandates are fully implemented
- Recent "doc fix" legislation
- Texas Medicaid and Medicare payment reform initiatives
- Constitutional issues related to the Affordable Care Act including the current religious liberty case in SCOTUS
- General healthcare integration/consolidation trends
Please share this article with anyone you believe might be interested.