“LOOSEN UP AND ADD LIFE TO YOUR PAINTINGS WHILE EXPERIENCING JOY THROUGH THE PROCESS”
Pamela Blaies, a frequent artist at Art in the Square in Southlake, will share her approach to painting. Using demonstrations, presentations, and incorporating individual attention into the structure of the workshop, she will help to embolden each artist to push themselves to experiment with techniques they might never have tried. We will be painting indoors alternating from working with a live model to experimenting with photo references. Pamela hopes each artist will leave her workshop inspired to continue pursuing their personal artistic growth and striving to focus on experiencing joy in the journey.
DUAL FOCUS OF THIS 2-DAY WORKSHOP:
#1 to encourage a positive mindset as we move toward our goals.
#2 to learn & practice skills, principles, and techniques which are the tools that allow us to strengthen and develop our artistic intuition.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• the value of loose and bold brushwork
• how to strengthen your compositions
• to create beautiful light in your paintings
• how to keep color harmony in your paintings
• to take advantage of technology to improve your art
• to avoid allowing every painting to become too “precious”
• to see the difference between constructive critical thinking and destructive negative self-talk
• to have more fun while painting!
DATES: September 29 – October 1, 2023
TIMES: Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm | Saturday 9:00am-3:00pm | Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
TUITION: $585.00includes materials
DEPOSIT: $200 with the balance due September 1 (deposit is non-refundable)
LOCATION: Holder Dane Gallery & Art Studio at 701 S. Main Street, #100, Grapevine, TX 76051
TO REGISTER: Call 817-488-6822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at Holder Dane Gallery & Art Studios
WEBSITE URL: https://www.holderdane.com/workshops/2023/4/25/joyful-painting-oil-workshop-with-pamela-blaies