New Year’s Eve is often seen as a time of rebirth, the chance to start anew. We all come up with the regular resolutions for the upcoming year, but often our ideas of what should change are too broad. This New Year’s Eve, we should all vow to take a closer look into our lives and make decisions about ourselves then.
1. Vow to put down all devices for at least an hour a night.. Spend it instead with you spouse, kids, dogs, mom, dad, etc. Use the time to reconnect to the living.
2. Stop beating yourself up for skipping the gym on days you truly didn’t have time. But also, stop skipping the gym on days you had plenty of time to go.
3. Stop caring about how many people “like” your Instagram photos. If you like the photo enough to post it, what else matters? Social media anxiety is a waste of time.
4. Try to do one random act of kindness a day. No matter how big or how small, pay it forward. The universe could use more positivity.
5. Above all else, love yourself. Sure we all have things we would like to change, so work on it. Change is forward motion and is often a slow process. Don't beat yourself up too much.
Here's to wishing you all the best in 2015!
Sarah Ware Photography
P.s. Don't forget to make time to update those family photographs or book your first sessiom. One day you'll look back and wish you had more portraits of your children growing up.